1. If it doesn’t serve you, let it go. Hate, anger, jealousy, judgment and resentment are like weeds that won’t allow the beautiful garden inside your heart to grow. They cause nothing but suffering, pain and discomfort for yourself and everyone around you. Let them all go.
2. Go with the flow. Stop resisting life’s flow and surrender to circumstances that are not in your control. When you surrender and go with life’s flow, you will be able to see more clearly solutions to the problems that are in your control. Follow your heart and your own rhythms. Let go of the idea that you ‘should’ be a certain way and surrender to who you really are.
3. Be present. Stop thinking about the past or worrying about the future and firmly anchor yourself in the here and now. Live consciously, move mindfully and be constantly aware. Get out of your head and into your body. Think less, feel more.
4. Kiss your ego goodbye. Lose your attachment to your ‘self’ and start to peel back the layers of your ego to reveal your true self. Never mind what people think of you or how they perceive you, just be true to who you are.
5. Work on your thought life. We manifest our own reality, so try to cultivate thoughts that serve you in a positive way such as loving kindness, compassion, self-love, acceptance and gratitude.
6. Breathe consciously. Keep coming back to your breath and let it be your mantra. Notice the rise and fall of your belly as you inhale and exhale. Improve the quality of your breath, let it be sweet, soft, long and deep.
7. Do something for nothing. Help where help is needed and use your skills to benefit the world in some way. Whether it be giving someone a hug when they are down or donating your time or money to a good cause, every small gesture goes a long way.
8. Feed your soul. Do what you love – dance, read, write, sing, paint, swim, surf, asana practice…whatever it is that inspires your spirit, do it.
9. Be grateful. If you are always wanting, you will never feel like you have enough. Express gratitude for the things you already have and the life that you are living and you will always feel content.
10. Turn your attention inward. Find your sit, close your eyes, still your mind and start looking deep within you. Stop looking to your environment for things to make you happy, everything you need to be happy, content and at peace is right here within you.